Observations concentrate on the northeast quadrant of M31, which shows the least extinction and has the least contamination from M32. Odd numbered bricks extend from the bulge (B01) along the major axis out the edge of the star forming disk (B23). Even numbers form an adjacent strip that covers the star forming ring.
Field by Field Data
- *b??_*.fits: Full mosaic of the brick in all filters,
astrometry-corrected so that the RA, and DEC (J2000) coordinates of
the catalogs is aligned with the image, and all mosaics of the
half-brick are aligned with one another to <0.1 pixel precision.
- *drz.fits: Astrometrically-correct drizzled image used for alignment
and bookkeeping of star positions by DOLPHOT.
- *.phot.fits: Output from DOLPHOT converted into binary fits format.
- *.st.fits: Star files
- *.gst.fits: Good Star files
- *rgb.jpg: Color jpg image of the field in that camera.
For more information see the README file.
In November 2014, the PHAT team delivered version 2 photometry files. For more information see the v2 photometry readme file.