AGNSEDATLAS presents the spectral energy distributions (SEDs) of 41 individual active galactic nuclei, derived from multiwavelength photometry and archival spectroscopy, including eight MAST-supported projects (HST, SWIFT-UVOT, GALEX, PanSTARRS, IUE, FUSE, HUT, WUPPE) plus at least nine other missions or observatories. In addition to these individual AGN SEDs, there are an additional 72 Seyfert SEDs produced by mixing the SEDs of the central regions of Seyferts with galaxy SEDs.
All of the SEDs span at least 0.09 to 30 μm, but in some instances wavelength coverage extends into the X-ray, far-infrared and radio. For some AGNs the measured far-infrared photometry has been fitted with greybody models, while radio flux density measurements have been approximated by power-laws or polynomials. Some of the gaps in the spectral coverage have been filled using interpolation or extrapolation of simple models, although large gaps in spectral coverage are left blank (i.e., ultraviolet to X-ray). See Brown et al. (2019) for full details.
AGNSEDATLAS includes the final composite spectral energy distributions (SED) templates of 41 AGN in both the observed frame and rest frame, as well as the images that were used to normalize and constrain the SED templates. It provides an additional 72 rest-frame SED templates created as a mix of AGN and galaxy SEDs. The HLSP also includes photometry summary tables, a bundle of all files, and a bundle of SED files from the GALSEDATLAS (Brown et al. 2014) products converted into the same format as the AGNSEDATLAS files.
Data file naming convention:
- <mission> = "multi" (for SED products), "galex", "swift", "ps1", "sdss", "wise", "spitzer", "skymapper", "2mass"
- <instrument> = "multi" (for SED products), "imaging", or a string indicating a mission-specific instrument such as "gpc1", "irac", "mips", "uvot"
- <target> = AGN target name, such as "3c273", "mrk231", "ngc3516-central", "pg0052+251", etc
- For the AGN-host blended SEDs, this string is <AGN>-<frac>-<galaxy>, where <frac> is the relative fractional contribution of the host component
- <filter> = string indicating the wavelength filter name
- <ext> = a string and extension indicating the file type, described in the table below
Data file types:
|images.tar||Image bundles, one for each AGN source|
|img.fits.gz||Individual images (packaged inside tar bundles)|
|Photometry catalog files, where obs-cat.csv gives the observed photometry and syn-cat.csv gives values synthesized from the model fits|
|Spectral energy distribution templates|
|spec.tar||Bundle of similarly formatted files for the galaxy sources from the HLSP GALSEDATLAS|
|Photometry catalogs (87 KB)|
|hlsp_agnsedatlas_multi_multi_all_multi_v1_collection.tar.gz||Entire collection of AGNSEDATLAS files (2.6 GB)|
|hlsp_agnsedatlas_multi_multi_agn-host-composites_multi_v1_bundle.tar||Bundle of AGN-Host blended SEDs (12 MB)|
|hlsp_agnsedatlas_multi_multi_galaxy-atlas_multi_v1_spec.tar||Brown et al. (2014) SEDs (from GALSEDATLAS) in the same format as AGNSEDATLAS (25 MB)|
Individual AGN Files
AGN-Host Composite SEDs