Next: Pixel Regularization
Up: Proposed Conventions
Previous: Improved Axis Descriptions
There are five steps in converting a digital array into an image on the
- (optional) Transform from actual image pixel numbers to those that
would be observed by an ideal instrument.
- Transform from the origin and axes of the instrumental coordinate
matrix system to the origin and axes of a set of projected sky
- Convert the scale along each axis from pixel to physical
values, still in the projection plane.
- Determine the projection of the sky onto the coordinate
plane of the digital array and deproject from the array plane onto the
- Transform from sky coordinates derived by deprojection
to a standard celestial coordinate system.